Terms and Conditions
Before using the online booking system, please read the following thoroughly. Agreement to the following terms is assumed with any booking made online.
- Appointments are in 15-minute slots, but the fee payable will be for the actual time it takes to notarise your documents (eg 5 minutes $88, 10 minutes $110 etc). If you believe that more than 15 minutes will be required, please book a further back to back booking (About 2% of our bookings require more than 15 minutes). In this event, please be measured with regard to the number of 15-minute slots booked. If the extra slot is not used, you will be charged a fee as it precluded others from booking.
- If you need witnesses plus Notary and your appointment falls outside regular Business Hours, please bring witnesses to the appointment.
- If your document requires witnesses with ID to be documented, please bring witnesses who are prepared to provide ID.
- Use our booking system only if your matter relates to documents intended for use overseas. If you require a practising Solicitor for attesting documents for Australian use, please see: www.legalservicescouncil.org.au/alpr
- If you require a Justice of the Peace for Australian bound documents, please see: www.justice.vic.gov.au/justices
- Please ensure your appointment has been booked for your preferred time of AM or PM / morning or night.
- For CITY appointments after hours and weekends please call 0419 383 397 upon arrival outside 200 Queen Street, Melbourne or in the event that the entry doors are locked or reception is closed. John or his assistant will fetch you.
- In the event you cancel within 24 hours of the appointment time, a fee of $88 will apply unless rescheduled within the week
- If this Office provides a fee estimate based on the information you provide, we reserve the right to charge according to the published fees for the time it actually takes to notarise your document(s).
- Fees for both individuals and companies are payable immediately after the appointment.
- John is NOT a Justice of the Peace (JP) He is a Senior Solicitor who, as a NOTARY PUBLIC, authenticates documents generally for production OVERSEAS. Notary fees are applicable. JPs are generally required for DOMESTIC purposes. No fee is involved. JPs are not lawyers but persons who have volunteered to authenticate documents generally for production in AUSTRALIA, not overseas.
REQUESTS FOR NOTARIAL CERTIFICATES OR OTHER NOTARIAL SERVICES AFTER THE APPOINTMENT WITH THE NOTARY
Bulletin 10 – Published January 2023
This office provides a full range of notarial services. Of course, at the appointment with the Notary, full instructions need to be provided so as to achieve the desired outcome. If overseas entities later “drip feed” the client with extra requirements post the appointment with the Notary, this is not that Melbourne Notary’s obligation – Read More
It is the client’s responsibility to determine whether an Australian Apostille or Authentication certificate is required by the overseas authority which will be relying on the notarised document. It is not for this office to advise on what will be acceptable to the receiving overseas entity – Read More
DOCUMENTS NOTARISED IN AUSTRALIA FOR PRODUCTION IN THE USA
Bulletin 7 – Published 2022
If a notarised document is sent to The United States and once received an Apostille is said to be required, the notarised document will have to be returned to Australia so that the Apostille can be affixed to it. Therefore, where applicable, it is important that clients are advised by overseas authorities that an Apostille is required so as not to waste time and money – Read More
NOTARISATION AND LEGALISATION OF ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
Bulletin 6 – Published 2022
Most commonly we are requested to notarise a COPY of the academic documentation. In very few instances we are required to notarise ORIGINAL documents – Read More
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOUR DOCUMENT HAS BEEN NOTARISED?
Bulletin 5 – Published 2022
Therefore, apart from notarisation, you need to check whether there are any more steps required before the notarised document will be acceptable in the country where it is to be produced – Read More
Bulletin 4 – Published 2022
Fees are based on the time it actually takes for the Notarial Signature, Stamp and Official Seal (“the notarisation”) to be applied to the relevant document/s. This is usually cheaper than per document fee structures. In some instances, a “Notarial Certificate” needs to be prepared outlining all the relevant details of the notarisation – this usually takes about 15 minutes.
OVERSEAS REQUESTS FOR NOTARISATIONS AND/OR APOSTILLES / AUTHENTICATIONS
Bulletin 3 – Published 2022
The Administration Fee for this office to attend the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is AUD$165. Plus $92 is payable to DFAT for the Apostille / Authentication certificate. The Administration Fee for this office to arrange a courier (FEDEX or DHL) to send the document back to you is AUD$22. Plus approximately AUD$135 for the courier.
WITNESSING REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIAN POWERS OF ATTORNEY
Bulletin 2 – Published 2022
In such cases, the designated address of both witnesses is: THE OFFICE OF JOHN PEARCE SOLICITOR & NOTARY PUBLIC. Office witnesses do not provide a copy of an identity document. Nor do they provide names of spouses or parents – Read More
INDIAN POWERS OF ATTORNEY INSTRUCTIONS
Bulletin 1 – Published 2022
Unless there are exceptional circumstances, clients are required to bring to their appointment a POA which has been already prepared in India according to Indian requirements. In other words, only as a last resort would this office prepare a POA for production in India – if we do so, we cannot guarantee that the duly signed and notarised POA will be acceptable in India – Read More