I Need a Will, Can You Help Me?
Yes I absolutely can.
Leaving a Will after you die helps to ensure that your family will be provided for in accordance with your wishes. A Will not only divides your financial assets and wealth among family members but can include requests that cover:
- Guardianship of children
- Provision for children from a previous relationship or with special needs
- Assets that are not part of your estate, for example family trusts
Distributing charitable bequests
- Excluding immediate family members.
It is important when designing your Will that it takes into account your personal and financial circumstances including non-Estate assets such as superannuation death benefits. When creating a Will you will need to:
- Appoint an Executor
- Decide who will receive your assets after your death
- Choose how and when your assets will be distributed to beneficiaries
- In the event that you die without a Will, the Supreme Court of Victoria will appoint an Administrator. This process can take many months and there is no guarantee that your dependents will receive your assets.
General Office: 03 8648 6541