I Need a Will, Can You Help Me?
Yes I absolutely can.
Leaving a Will after you die helps to ensure that your family will be provided for in accordance with your wishes. A Will not only divides your financial assets and wealth among family members but can include requests that cover:
- Guardianship of children
- Provision for children from a previous relationship or with special needs
- Assets that are not part of your estate, for example family trusts
Distributing charitable bequests
- Excluding immediate family members.
It is important when designing your Will that it takes into account your personal and financial circumstances including non-Estate assets such as superannuation death benefits. When creating a Will you will need to:
- Appoint an Executor
- Decide who will receive your assets after your death
- Choose how and when your assets will be distributed to beneficiaries
In the event that you die without a Will, the Supreme Court of Victoria will appoint an Administrator. This process can take many months and there is no guarantee that your dependents will receive your assets.
John Pearce is available 7 days a week in Melbourne CBD and Eastern Suburb Office locations. The fastest way to book an appointment is via texting or calling the numbers below:
Business Hours Enquiries:
Call or Text 0478 592 011
After Hours Enquiries:
Call or Text 0419 383 397
General Office: 03 8648 6541