Indian citizens in Australia may require a number of passport services from the Indian Consulate by way of the VFS Global. These services may include the following:
- Applying for a new passport (on expiry of an existing passport)
- Adding or deleting a spouse from a passport
- Recording a change of address
- Recording a change of appearance (such as how they were dressed on the original passport due to religious beliefs)
- Change of name after marriage or divorce
- Change of name for other reasons
- Reporting a lost or damaged passport
- Applying for the first passport for a minor (under 18 years)
- Applying for a passport for a minor
Over the years requirements for applications/documents needed for each of these services has changed. In the past it was customary that for each of these services you had to include declarations that had to be witnessed by a notary public and notarised. Now, all of the applications/documents required for various passport services for Indian citizens in Australia can be signed in front of a Justice of the Peace except for FORM V relating to an application for a lost/damaged passport.
FORM V is titled ‘AFFIDAVIT FOR A PASSPORT IN LIEU OF LOST/DAMAGED PASSPORT’. It requires the applicant Indian citizen to complete their details on the affidavit, stating how and when the passport was lost or damaged, as well as travel and details of residency. The applicant must sign the affidavit in front of a notary public and the notary public must notarise the form.
I can assist with identification, witnessing the signature and notarising the application form. Even if your passport is lost or damaged, you must still be able to identify yourself with some form of government issued photograph identification document. This could be the passport if it is not lost and has not been damaged beyond recognition, an Australian drivers license or Australian government issued photograph card.
If you would like to book an appointment in my Melbourne CBD Office or Box Hill South Office, please click the button below to go to my notary bookings page. The following page will outline fees associated with the appointment as well as booking information.