Documents for China
(Notary & Authentication)
Phone: 03 8648 6541 (City & Box Hill Offices)
There are generally three (3) steps for documents intended for China.
- Notarisation by a Notary Public
- Authenticated by The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
- Authenticated by The Chinese Consulate in Melbourne
Step 1 – Document notarisation (in person, in presence of Notary Public)
Appointments at the City and Eastern Suburb Offices are timed.
1 – 5 Minutes: $88
6 – 10 Minutes: $110
11 – 15 Minutes: $165
16 – 20 Minutes: $220
- All individuals giving powers to someone overseas will need to be present and sign in front of John Pearce.
- You will need to bring identification.
To book this first step, do so online instantly via this page.
Step 2 – Authentication Stamp/s via DFAT
- DFAT charges $84 per Authentication stamp.
Option (A) You can lodge yourself after the notarisation using this form:
Option (B) You can have us lodge on your behalf. We charge an additional fee of $220 for this optional service plus the cost of the authentications.
Step 3 – Chinese Consulate
We cannot perform this step, you will need to lodge yourself or have a contact do so on your behalf.
More information can be found on the consulate’s website.
Queries or Booking Information
Please book Step 1 via the online booking system
Alternately please contact: 03 8648 6541 or john at notarypublicmelbourne dot com