US Property Transactions

United States Property Transactions

It is common practice in the United States of America (U.S.) that property transactions involve the use of a Notary Public.

Regardless of whether you are buying or selling a property, it is likely that your legal documents will need to be notarised. This means that your U.S. lawyer may advise you that the documents forwarded to you will be required to be notarised and signed for the property transaction to be successfully completed.

Rather than travelling to the U.S. to use a Notary or the local consulate in Melbourne, you can use a Victorian Notary Public to notarise these documents.

Our firm has notarised many documents for clients involving property transactions in the U.S. For these documents to be legally valid and recognised in the U.S. we make sure that each document is notarised in accordance with the instructions provided by your lawyer. Our goal is to provide a cost effective notarial service that helps clients complete property transactions quickly and easily.

Canadian Property Transactions

Even though the Canadian legal system incorporates common law (originating from England) and civil law (originating from France) due to the country’s unique history, all property transactions require the certification of a person’s identity.

Clients based in Australia undertaking a property transaction will need to undergo the process of non-face-to-face identity verification with the help of a Notary Public. A Notary can help clients complete the Client Identification and Verification Form by verifying their identity and attaching a Notarial Certificate to a copy of the client’s photographic identification.

In addition to helping you verify your identity, our firm can help you by notarising other legal documents required to complete your property transaction in Canada. This includes contracts, agreements, declarations and bills of sale.