Urgent and Overseas Requests
The OFFICE OF JOHN PEARCE SOLICITOR & NOTARY PUBLIC provides the following services:
- Notarial services.
- Arranging the affixation of Apostille or Authentication stamps by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
- Arranging Embassy/Consular stamping if the notarised document is to be produced in a country which is not a party to the Hague Apostille Convention.
URGENT NOTARIAL AND LEGALISATION SERVICES
Appointments to receive urgent notarial services from the OFFICE OF JOHN PEARCE SOLICITOR & NOTARY PUBLIC can be made conveniently and instantly by going online at:
The online Booking System allows you to make appointments for Extended Business Hours and Sundays in the City Office, or After Hours and Weekends in the Eastern Suburbs Home Office.
If your notarised document(s) needs stamping by DFAT with either an Apostille stamp or an Authentication stamp (depending on the country where the notarised document will be produced), then you need to make an appointment by phoning 1300 935 260. Usually an appointment will be given to you about 5 or so business days after you make the call.
Or you can send the notarised document by Express Post to: Australian Passports Office Authentications Section, GPO Box 2239, MELBOURNE, VICTORIA 3001. It usually takes 3 or so business days for your document(s) to be returned to you.
URGENT STAMPING by DFAT: If your matter is urgent, THE OFFICE OF JOHN PEARCE SOLICITOR & NOTARY PUBLIC can arrange the DFAT STAMPING within 24 hours. The administration fee is $220 plus there is the DFAT fee of $81 for each Apostille or Authentication stamp you require.
If you are overseas and require some or all of the above mentioned services, the process for arranging the appropriate stamping on a document is as follows:
- Send/courier your document(s) to:
OFFICE OF JOHN PEARCE SOLICITOR & NOTARY PUBLIC
LEVEL 13, 200 QUEEN STREET,MELBOURNE, VICTORIA 3000, AUSTRALIA
Local Phone Number 03 8648 6541; International Phone Number +61 3 8648 6541.
Clearly describe what notarial services you require.
For example, you state that you are in South Korea and require a COPY of your University Testamur to be certified as a TRUE AND CORRECT COPY of the original Testamur which you have enclosed.
Note: if you are sending your original University Testamur so that a notarised COPY can be prepared, ensure that you provide a supporting document which evidences that the Testamur is authentic. For instance, The University of Melbourne has an online Verification of Award system – for this system, you only need to go online and type your Last Name and Date of Birth, then print off the confirmation that you have been awarded the qualification to which the Testamur refers. Then send the verification with the original Testamur to the OFFICE OF JOHN PEARCE SOLICITOR & NOTARY PUBLIC. Note that not all Australian Universities have such a convenient online system. But whatever the system for verification of awards, you need to send some evidence of the conferral of the award along with the original Testamur.
Requests to notarise the ORIGINAL TESTAMUR: The office will only do this if the overseas client insists on this rather than on notarisation of a COPY of the Testamur. It is preferable not to notarise and legalise an original Testamur because the Notarial Seal and the DFAT Seal will permanently be impressed and so the original Testamur will no longer be in its original pristine condition. Therefore, clients are advised to make every effort to determine what is required to be notarised and legalised – ask the entity which will be receiving the notarised document whether notarisation of a COPY of the Testamur will suffice, or whether notarisation of the ORIGINAL Testamur is required.
- Once the request has been received by THE OFFICE OF JOHN PEARCE SOLICITOR & NOTARY PUBLIC, the notarial service is performed. For example, a Notarial Certificate is prepared stating that the attached copy is a TRUE AND CORRECT COPY of the original Testamur which has been sighted by the Notary. The fee for notarial services in this case would be $132 (but in general, the fee is based on how long it takes to provide the notarial service requested).
- Then the office arranges the stamping of the notarised document (or Notarial Certificate). The administration fee is $220. Plus there is the DFAT fee of $81 for each Apostille or Authentication stamp.
- Next, if the notarised document is to be produced in a country which is not a party to The Hague Apostille Convention, the office arranges Embassy/Consulate stamping. The administration fee is $220 plus there is the applicable Embassy/Consulate fee. It is advised that you determine beforehand the relevant Embassy/Consulate fee so that there are no surprises when you are invoiced.
- Once the notarised document or Notarial Certificate has been duly stamped by DFAT and, where applicable, the relevant Embassy/Consulate, you will be sent by email an Invoice. The Invoice will include the fees for all notarial and administration services, plus disbursements which include the DFAT FEE, THE Embassy/Consulate fee and the courier fee. Upon receipt of payment, your document will be couriered to an address which you have nominated. But note that you need to have provided the name of the person who will be receiving the document, plus his or her local telephone number. The administration fee is $44 plus there is the cost of the courier (approx. $70 – $80).