Requirements for Doctors to Practice Abroad

Applying to practice medicine outside the country were you achieved your qualifications can be a long and complicated process. This is true whether you completed your medical degree overseas and are looking to practice in Australia or you are a local doctor who would like to gain experience in another country.

Regardless of individual situation, it is likely that when applying to work overseas that your medical qualifications will need to be notarised in order to be assessed by the Australian Medical Council or an overseas equivalent. Your documents may also be required to authenticated or stamped with an Apostille by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) to be legally recognised. Authenticated documents may be required to be further authenticated by the local consulate or embassy of the country where the documents are to be used.

Our firm is experienced in notarising educational transcripts and certificates for local and overseas doctors. Whether you are looking to set up a practice or complete a fellowship in the North America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East or Australia, we can help you. Once notarised, our office can arrange for your documents to be correctly legalised by DFAT and/or the relevant local foreign office so that the documents will be acceptable to the Australian Medical Council or relevant overseas medical authorities.

Residents from Australia can instantly book an appointment for notarial services by clicking either Red Box below depending on appointment location. You will arrive at an external Booking System where you can choose an appropriate appointment time to see John Pearce at his Melbourne City or Eastern Suburbs Office.

Fees: My fees are based on the amount of time it takes for the official Notarial Seal and Signature to be applied to your document. My competitive fees can be found at the bottom of my fees page. Please see this link for more information.