Powers of Attorney for Chinese Property Transactions

While living in Australia, giving someone that you trust in China the power to act on your behalf can help you deal with property matters quickly and efficiently. It lets you manage your affairs from Australia without having to fly in and out of China.

You can appoint a person by signing a simple authorisation letter or alternatively, a Power of Attorney document. Signing a Power of Attorney is the option that is usually recommended by lawyers as it legally confirms that the person stated in the document has been authorised by you to act as an Attorney/Agent on your behalf in China. It ensures that your chosen person in China can complete your requests without encountering any problems.

The Melbourne Chinese Consulate has prepared Power of Attorney forms that can be downloaded from Consulate-General website. You can find these forms at http://melbourne.china-consulate.org/chn/hzqz/2012112005.